Friday, October 19, 2007

Zoho Writer

This was created in Zoho Writer, yet another word processor.

NOTE: Jeremy Denk is coming to town! Come to Miniaci Saturday night to see this fabulous pianist and great blogger!

Superscripts and subscripts: H20 => a2 + b2 = c2

Can't do integrals, though! LaTex is still safe.

Pictures? Sure, why not.

And it even saved my data when IE crashed! Woohee!

Once you publish to your blog, though, the tie between the writing tool and the post is gone, so you have to go into your blog to edit.

ALSO

One of the gripes about All 2.0 [Anything 2.0?] is the plethora of logins and the lack of a secure identity system on the Internet. For me to post from Zoho to my blog, I had to give them my blog login information. What if Zoho is run by a bunch of crooks in (pick your favorite criminal lair)? Now they can monitor my email, watch for passwords or receipts sent to my account, etc. Ugly. Micro$oft tried to solve this problem but nobody in the industry trusts them and the project collapsed. Remember Microsoft Passport? They recycled it as the identity system for XBox Live, I think, but it didn't make it as an industry wide standard.

But, anyway, I liked Zoho and will return to try more of their tools.

No comments: